To many people, waking up in the morning is the hardest part of the day. Especially on Mondays it seems. There are many reasons for that, so they say. But in reality, it comes from excuses and endless complaints about life. Take the weekend for example, most who are stressed out on Mondays, are stressed out because of the way they have been treating their body the nights before. Either they didn't get enough, or they didn't get the correct sleep (correct in meaning that sleeping many ours isn't the same as going the right time to bed and waking up early). Even worse, too many lose themselves in the consumption of alcohol which only serves for one purpose:
To distract, and drown all the stress and frustration in life!
But for what cause? It truly only makes things worse, especially the upcoming week will be more of a struggle if you didn't prepare well enough for it the weekend prior to Monday.
Now it's not just on Mondays when people feed themselves with negative thoughts. For many it's on a daily basis.
- waking up late
- too much coffee
- waking up thinking about all the work you need to get done
- didn't get enough sleep or went to bed late so that you are forced to either stay in bed and miss out on the most important time of the day or that you have to wake up while your body is still in sleep mode.
- stressing over the smallest things in life
- not focusing on the solutions, rather focusing on the problems
- listening to depressive or non-beneficial music
- watching TV
- getting lost in gossip
- not working out
- not spending enough time in nature
- worrying about what other people have to say or think about you
- not drinking enough water and not eating enough nutritional food (plant-based food)
Those are just some of many reasons why people are stressed out and depressed in life.
But what can be done to eliminate those problems, the stress and depression?
Here are some steps that are essential to a happier and successful lifestyle:
- go to bed early
- wake up early in the morning (if you know anything about all the successful people in life it is exactly this point)
- don't drown yourself in coffee, maybe as you wake up try drinking a cup of organic tea
- don't switch on the TV, first thing as you wake up
- how about just getting rid of your TV since that is one of the biggest and most important step to self-awareness and higher-awakening!
- go out for a run, or simply make sure you are working out enough which reduces stress and brings many other benefits with it
- spending enough time in nature, especially if you are living in a big city
- don't get involved in endless gossip
- avoid eating and using animal products as it poisons your spirit
- eat more (various) plant based food
- eat organic and non-gmo foods
- read books, books that provide knowledge and valuable inspiration
- listen to music that benefits you whether it's to uplift or to provide you with knowledge
- bring your creativity to life, whether it's through painting, writing, filmmaking, recording and so much more
- surround yourself with those who support your goals, are like minded and serve your best interests
- Always focus on the solutions instead of focusing on you problems
- don't worry, instead remain positive no matter what!
- live in the moment instead of worrying about the future ( look out for future posts on this topic)
- do not linger in the past for the past remains just as an illusion ( more on that on a future post)
- Positive self-talk
- drink a lot of water, it can't be stressed enough how important it is to drink as much water as you possibly can (make sure it is filtered water and avoid buying water from companies such as Nestle or Coca Cola)
- last but not least, SMILE more and laugh often